Dr. Gary Bram believes that all of his patients should get the full use of their mouth. Having damaged teeth, or a lack of teeth, interferes with eating, talking, and smiling. However, using dental crowns and bridges in Bayside, he and our skilled team can make your life easier. These teeth restorations will help you:Doctor Gary Bram on Dental Crowns and Bridges Read Transcript
One of the most common restorations in dentistry are crowns and bridges. A crown is basically replacement of the damaged or decayed portion of a tooth, and it's pretty easy to achieve. The only difference between crowns of yesterday and crowns of today, today most of the crowns are done without metal, with a base of zirconia. They're pretty cosmetic, hygienic, and very, very stable. As far as bridges, what we've seen in the past five, seven years is a transition from the regular bridgework, which is basically supporting the missing portion of the mouth with teeth, which we use as a (inaudible). We file these teeth and we make bridges. Lately, we don't do that. We replace missing teeth with implants, which saves the adjacent teeth from filing and damaging, and in some cases losing them in 15 to 20 years after being under the bridge constrains. So in today's world, transition is towards implants.
- Rebuild your smile and boost your confidence to speak up in public
- Eat and enjoy any kind of delicious food you want
- Gain a more attractive appearance
- Talk more plainly so you don’t have to repeat yourself
- Make romantic moments more enjoyable
Call Dental Expressions by Dr. Gary Bram today to schedule an appointment: 718-395-5331. We’re conveniently located at 35-34 Bell Blvd., at the corner of Bell Boulevard and 36th Avenue. You’ll love our cozy, historic building!
Restore Your Beautiful, Functional Smile
Life is too short to deal with the hassle of unattractive teeth that don’t work properly. With the recent advances in restorative dentistry, dental bridges and crowns offer you many options for rebuilding your smile. Dr. Bram, a Fellow of the International Dental Implant Association, will detail all your choices and design a treatment plan that suits your needs and budget. Plus, we will use digital impressions rather than traditional impressions to ensure your new restoration fits perfectly.
Your many options for bridges and crowns include:
- Individual Crowns For Repair – A sturdy porcelain crown will fit snugly over a damaged tooth or one treated with root canal therapy. It will strengthen the tooth, prevent other problems, and look as natural as your other teeth.
- Fixed Bridges – Fill in one or more missing teeth in a row with these versatile restorations. Beautiful replacement teeth will span the gap in your smile, anchoring on either end to your natural teeth.
- Implant-Supported Crowns – Dental implants are replacement tooth roots that can serve as a base for custom-made crowns. This type of restoration will replace your missing tooth and help keep your jawbone strong and healthy.
- Implant-Supported Bridges – These bridges anchor to two or more implants instead of your own teeth. The implants make this type of bridge exceptionally comfortable and durable, plus they’ll protect your jawbone against deterioration.
Dr. Bram’s expertise with dental crowns and bridges in Bayside will make your smile good as new! Call us today at 718-395-5331 to schedule your appointment.