No one likes to think about having a tooth taken out. However, if you’re faced with that situation, you can rely on the experienced team at Dental Expressions by Dr. Gary Bram to provide you quick and gentle tooth removal in our Bayside, NY dental practice. Our care will help you:Doctor Gary Bram on Tooth Removals and Extractions Read Transcript
Sometimes patients require extractions and they come to the office with a request for extracting the tooth. Sometimes it's not necessary. Sometimes the tooth can be saved. The extraction should be approached with a caution and with a thought that that site of extraction should be restored in the future.
Therefore, extraction should be done with maximum preservation of bone, minimum invasion of the bone, and maximum comfort to the patient. That's the approach to today's extractions.
- Get out of pain and feel better soon.
- Protect the health of your other teeth and gums.
- Replace your tooth using one of several restoration methods.
- Smile with more comfort and confidence.
Relax While Your Tooth Is Removed
Tooth removal is never our first option. Dr. Bram will always consider other ways to save your damaged tooth, but sometimes removal is necessary to prevent bigger problems with your healthy teeth and gums.
We’re specially trained to provide compassionate, one-on-one care to our patients. Our goal is to set your mind at ease and help you feel at home during your visit. If you’re especially nervous about having your tooth removed, ask us about using inhaled sedation with laughing gas. Plus, you’ll enjoy special touches like cozy blankets and warming massage chairs. Before you know it, we’ll have your tooth out, and you’ll be ready to go.
Take Your Choice of Tooth Replacement Options
Leaving a gap where your tooth used to be can allow your other teeth to shift their positions and cause problems with your bite. It’s always better to replace your missing tooth if possible. Plus, a new tooth will help you chew easier and have a more attractive smile. Your replacement options include:
- Fixed Bridge – Fill in your smile gap with a bridge that secures to your other teeth.
- Dentures – Depending on your situation, you can get partial dentures if you just need a few teeth replaced or full dentures to replace a complete arch of teeth.
- Dental Implants – These replacement tooth roots will make your new restoration even more comfortable. We can anchor a single crown, a bridge, or a set of dentures to implants for a secure and sturdy tooth restoration. Plus implants help protect your jawbone from weakening, which can happen over time after you lose a tooth.
Call us today at 718-260-6175 if you think you need tooth removal. You’ll get the care you need to feel better soon and keep smiling!