Dental implants are a hot topic nowadays. Many of our patients come to us for consultations to find out if implants are the best solution to fix their dental problems.
Since dental implants are common, we believe it is necessary to write this article to provide more information to you. So join us!
What are dental implants?
It’s a simple concept…dental implants take the place of missing teeth. Implants function as your new teeth and will do so for many years to come.
The actual dental implant is a biocompatible titanium screw that will act as the root for your new tooth. The titanium screw gets implanted in the jawbone for a long-lasting restorative dentistry solution
Are you a candidate for dental implants?
In the past, there were many people who couldn’t get dental implants; particularly, those who didn’t have enough bone in the area.
However, dentistry has advanced in many ways—thankfully. One advancement is a bone graft for those who have an insufficient amount of bone.
Many of our patients are candidates for dental implants. Rest assured, you can still get dental implants if you suffer from any of the following problems:
- If you have periodontal disease or gum disease.
- If you smoke cigarettes or other tobacco products.
- If you have significant bone loss.
- If you have pre-existing medical conditions, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and a few other chronic illnesses.
A consultation with an implants dentist is the only way to know if you are a candidate for implants. Dr. Bram will do a thorough examination of your current health and oral conditions to determine if you can get dental implants.
How can YOU benefit from dental implants?
So how can YOU benefit from dental implants just like the rest of our patients? The most common benefits include:
- Implants do not require extra special care in order to last a long time. In fact, after your implants are fully placed, just floss and brush your teeth as you normally would. It’s as easy as that!
- Dental implants will look and feel just like your natural teeth. The crown placed on top of the implant and abutment will be fabricated to blend in with your natural teeth. People won’t even know you have dental implants.
- With dental implants, the problem tooth is the only area that our dentist will focus on when placing the implant. The surrounding teeth will not become altered or impacted in any way, like is sometimes necessary when choosing a dental bridge. Consisting of abutment teeth and a false tooth (called a pontic), a dental bridge needs support from natural teeth or implants.
- Since dental implants stimulate bone growth, you won’t have to worry about bone loss in the jaw area. The implant fuses perfectly with the jawbone during a process called osseointegration, providing a solid foundation for the new tooth for many years to come.
- Dental implants will allow you to eat, speak, and chew normally. If you had missing teeth (prior to implants), you may not have been able to do these things with ease and comfort.
So…are you ready to experience these benefits for your smile?
Dental implants from Dr. Bram in Bayside, NY
If you are interested in dental implants and want to know if they are right for you, call our office today. A consultation appointment is the first step in getting the dental treatment you need and deserve.
With several years of experience and an excellent char-side manner, you’re in good hands with Dr. Bram (to see a few of our patient reviews, click on the following page: Patient Reviews).